Sunday, August 17, 2008

Welcome Back!

I hope that you all have had a fun and relaxing summer! I am excited to see all of you this fall and to start learning together again.

For those of you who are new to Independence or just new to my class, I hope that you will enjoy our classroom blog as much as previous families have. I will use this site to give you updates on what we are doing in the classroom on a regular basis. Parents in previous years have particularly enjoyed the photo slide shows, and the students love the chance to see themselves on the blog. Please note that I will not post any photos of your child without your permission, so be sure to return your blog permission form to me as soon as possible! Blog permission forms will be handed out at home visits and on Back to School Night.

Back to School Night will be held on Thursday, September 4th from 6:30-7:30 p.m. Please stop by to visit the classroom, catch up with friends, and eat some ice cream. You will also have the opportunity to help plant our daffodil bulbs which will bloom in the Spring.

I will be contacting you beginning the week of August 25th to schedule home visits. If you are a returning student who does not wish to have a home visit, you can pick up your info packet at Back to School Night, or arrange an alternate time to stop by the school.

I am so excited for this school year and can't wait to see you all again!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave us a comment about what you like. We love hearing from friends and family! Comments are moderated, so your comment may not appear right away.